Open or closed? Top Restaurants and attractions on St.Maarten and Saint Martin
The French/Dutch Island of St.Maarten in the Caribbean has been investing to reopen hotels, restaurants, and attractions after they were destroyed last year in the aftermath of two hurricanes.
St Martin has a reputation as a foodies paradise, and as of March 1, the Tourism Board lists 48 restaurants open on the French side of the island. Many other restaurants are open on the Dutch side around Simpson Bay and Philipsburg. Grocery stores are fully provisioned and many of the local shops in Phillipsburg have reopened.
eTN Chatroom for Readers (join us)
Here is a list of attractions and restaurants open for business on the island
Top Restaurants Open in Saint Martin (French side):
- Marigot – Bistro de la Mer, Le Patio, Le Grand Saint Martin, La Main a la Pate, Tropicana, O Plongeoir, Le Grillardin, Chez Polo, L’Arhawak, La Terrasse, Yacht Club.
- Grand Case – La Villa Restaurant, Bistrot Caraibes, Cafe Spiga, Blue Martini, Rainbow Cafe, Les Bains, Max Place, Piazza Pascal, Spiga, La Villa.
- Orient Bay – The Alamanda Kitchen and The Perch Beach Bar and Grille at Club Orient, Rancho del Sol, Cafe Plantation, L’Epicurien, Le P’tit Bistro.
- Pinel Island – Karibuni
- Nettle Bay – Les Voiles.
- Bellevue – Bistrot Da Vinci, La Fourchette, Le Gouter, Rice upon a time.
- Port La Royale Marina – Crêperie du Lagon, La Main à la Pâte, La Source.
- Saint James – Chez Dounce, You & Me.
- Oyster Pond – BYZ, Mama Pizza, L’Oasis, La Petite Pause, Quaie Ouest.
- Sandy Ground – Pizz’ Hayo.
Top Restaurants & Casinos Open in St Maarten (Dutch side):
- Simpsons Bay Restaurants: Little Bamboo, Toppers, Avantika, Buccaneers, Shiv Shakti, Sal & Pepe, Top Carrot, The Carrousel, Thai Savanna, Beirut, The Green House and Pineapple Pete.
- Jump Up Casino in the town of Philipsburg
- The Hollywood Casino in Pelican
- The Princess Casino at Port de Plaisance
- Tropicana Casino in Cole Ba
Many of the islands premier attractions are up and running such as snorkeling, charter boat cruises, zip lines, and a new Eco-adventure park called Rain Forest Adventures.
Click here to read the full article
Click here to read this and other articles